Valen NPC Mod
"I serve my mistress ... and no other." -- Valen
The Valen NPC mod is something that I whipped up because I wanted a brief
break from Solaufein. There's no tedious moralizing here! :-)
Basically, it's a mod pack for evil players. Contents:
Want more information? Check out the Valen documentation.
- Valen (of Bodhi's hold) becomes an NPC who can
join your party.
- She's a Chaotic Evil Vampire fighter/thief.
- She has quite a bit of interjection dialogue in SoA.
- She won't get along with Aerie, Anomen, Keldorn or Mazzy.
- Her innate vampiric powers increase with experience.
- She has one Valen-specific challenge.
- French Translation by Ly Meng, Laurent Duvernet
and Cocobard. Example:
Je me suis tournée vers le crime assez jeune et ai passé de nombreuses
années en tant que simple brigande, affûtant mes talents au couteau dans
les petites allées. Rien d'autre que la force brute ne m'importait et je
n'avais même pas la finesse nécessaire pour poignarder quelqu'un par
- German Translation by Sebastian de Waal
In Jungen Jahren verfiel ich dem Verbrechen und verbrachte mehrere Jahre
als Raubmörderin, übte mein Talent mit dem Dolch in Hinterhöfen. Ich konnte
nichts als rohe Gewalt ausüben und auch nicht mit dem Geschick, daß man
benötigt jemandem in den Rücken zu stoßen, aufwarten.
Spanish Translation by Clan REO. Example:
Me inicié en el crimen a una edad muy temprana y pasé muchos años como una
mera delincuente, perfeccionando mi habilidad con el puñal en callejones.
No me preocupaba nada que no fuera el uso de la fuerza bruta, y no podía
perder el tiempo en la sutileza necesaria para apuñalar a alguien por la
- Italian Translation by Al17 e Kelvan,
- Entrai nel giro da piccola e passai diversi anni come una semplice
teppista, affinando le mie capacità con i coltelli nei vicoli. Non mi
interessava niente tranne che la forza bruta e non mi preoccupavo neanche
della delicatezza richiesta per accoltellare qualcuno alle spalle.
- Russian Translation by
еще в молодом
много лет как
и никогда не
думала что смогу
- Simplified Chinese Translation by
yun395 and kalabaka. Example:
- Traditional Chinese Translation by
yun395 and kalabaka. Example:
- Japanese Translation by
Want to talk about Valen with others, report a bug or offer a suggestion?
Check out our Valen Message
Installing The Mod
"Bear in mind that I do have strong ... instincts. I will obey your orders,
yes, but left to my own devices I will not hesitate to attack your foes or
prepare for such an attack."
Installation checklist and instructions:
- You will probably need to start a new game to take advantage of any
part of the Valen Mod. Valen will only join you in Chapter 2.
- The Valen Mod requires BGII and the Throne of Bhaal
expansion. (It "works" if you don't have ToB -- install the mod
and then remove the file VALENMST.SPL from your override folder
... but I do not support that. Don't send me any sort of mail about
- Czech players may wish to download the add-on Czech translation. Unzip Valen first,
then unzip this translation to your BG2 directory, then install the mod as normal.
- The Valen Mod works with (or without)
The Darkest Day - ToB Compat Version.
Install TDD-ToB first if you want to use it.
- The Valen Mod works with (or without) all
other WeiDU mods.
See the Solaufein installation
instructions for details (and Mac installation instructions).
- The Valen Mod does not require IEEP or any other
TeamBG utilities and it will not replace your existing DIALOG.TLK.
- Click here to view the Mod
Download the Valen Mod (version v45, size is 516K)
The EXE file above is a WinRAR self-extracting archive. Run it, and in the
Install to field put your BGII directory. That is normally:
C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA
If you do not like self-extracting EXEs, you can get a normal RAR version.
- Run the newly-extracted Setup-Valen.EXE program that you
will now find in your BGII directory. Choose your language and then choose
which components to install. You may uninstall any or all of them later.
- You may run Setup-Valen.EXE again to uninstall any
component that you have already installed. For example, you might try out
the harder battles and then uninstall them later if you do not like them.
- If you would like to use a different
portrait for Valen, you may now install one.
Comments on Valen:
- I tell you, your Valen NPC mod is cool! Valen definitely rocks!
Excellent ideas were put together, Valen most unique user-created NPC I've
ever seen. So keep up good work!
- Nice different NPC if you are evil.
- I rather like Valen. ... I prefer a more powerful set of NPCs anyway.
... Besides, it's nice to finally be able to turn that annoying level drain
against my enemies! *chuckles* So, anyway, kudos to you for this mod.
- I had a great time using her in my party. While others said she was
weak, I have found her rather powerful. She leads the party in kills ( and
thats with korgan with crom faeyr and the warrior archer kit for a lead
character). Kudos to you on a great mod NPC.
- I recently downloaded the Valen Mod, and I must say [that] I'm very
impressed with the work. I liked how you did the whole sunlight
enfeeblement, which made it a lot more realistic.
- She is a mortal, silent and effective pet, just as any good undead
should be! A very great work. A PNG that an evil party cannot miss to have
the rigth respect.
- A very vell put together NPC and MOD.
- By the way just wanted to let you know that the
Valen Mod is my favorite NPC Mod I've used yet. Way to go!
- I really like your mods. Great work!
- Valen is a fun addition to any party. My first party with her was
- Valen is awesome. Plain and simple. I really like the automatic "hide
in shadows and try to find traps" thing you set up. Keep it up.
- Valen ROCKS! Best NPC I've got, MORE!
- This NPC addition is probably the best I have tried out of about 20
from other sites! Nice work! (It is not often I compliment work!)
- OK, This is a great mod.
- Wes has links to other mod authors as well.. it's generally accepted
that his Sola and Valen mods are good to choose.
- Awesome mod, AWESOME!
- Great mod, BTW....IMHO the most interesting and fun NPC in the game.
- Just to say this mod is really great. Valen is so COOL, and a really
nice addition to my evil party. Evil female vampire hottie simply rocks! ;)
- I loved the Valen mod.
- I've recently installed the mod for Valen and Sol...I just want to
say Valen is the best NPC I've ever had, and possibly the most interesting.
- Not to give anything away but Wes did a really great job with Valen,
especially when you CAN'T control her and her basic instincts kick in.
- I like the Valen mod a lot. Now adds some much needed spice.
- Valen is great. She brings out the chaotic in chaotic-evil. It's a
real shame Korgan wasn't more like her. The other good thing is that she
also brings with her the true downside of
CE, forcing you to deal with that little thing called a really bad
- I especially love the extra dialogue with Valen, hunting valygar,
Fence etc and it was great to walk into the Order of the Radiant Heart
be attacked by the paladins.
- I really like what you've done with the VALEN mod, and it's a great
evil add-on NPC.
- Personally I think Valen mod is your masterpiece. No villain has
character such as this! Especially because Valen don't gloat over it and
never has regrets! Well done!
- I am enjoying every step of the mod. The dialogues are great
especially the ones she has with Lonk The Sane in SpellHold and with Saemon
Have a comment? Even a bad one? Send me some email:
Westley Weimer < Email : email@example.com >